COVID-19 UPDATE INFORMATION – PLEASE READ.
Due to the progression of the virus within the UK, and to protect both our practitioners and your family, we have implemented further measures as follows:
- Whilst we normally welcome parents into the treatment area, at the current time we need to restrict access to essential staff only.
- Protective clothing will be worn (eg masks) when we are required to be closer to you or your baby than the recommended minimum safe distance.
- Both practitioners and family are voluntarily isolating around clinic hours.
As Mrs Abbas is a registered Healthcare professional and CQC certified, we already had strict infection protocols and procedure in place, prior to the recent Coronavirus outbreak.
We are also lucky in that we have a large building with only a few people present at the weekend, enabling us to easily implement a number of additional steps to remove the interaction between other patients and visitors. This guidance is likely to be updated as the situation progresses in the UK, so please check prior to subsequent appointments:
- We normally welcome siblings, grandparents or additional family members to your appointment. Currently we ask that only parents or guardians and baby or babies being assessed attend for your slot. Toys, magazines and leaflets will be removed from the waiting area until further notice, however there is a very large park and numerous cafes nearby; if you’d like any further suggestions or have questions about local amenities, please contact us.
- When attending for your first appointment (assessment or assessment & treatment), we ask that you arrive at reception 10 minutes prior to your allotted appointment time to complete intake forms. If you are very early, please contact us – if our practitioner or waiting room is ready you are welcome to attend sooner, however we may ask that you wait in your car a few moments or if preferred visit a local cafe or suchlike depending upon the expected wait time, number of people in the building and the need to maintain safe distances.
- Our receptionist may direct you to a specific place to wait and will step back two paces before speaking with you, please do not take this personally 😉
- Whereas we normally serve both hot and cold beverages, please bring a bottled drink with you where possible.
- When attending for a 5 minute post treatment or “diamond check, we ask that you arrive at reception no sooner than 2/3 minutes prior to your appointment.
- Please ensure you wash your hands, or use hand sanitising gel on entry to the building and again prior to leaving.
- We normally welcome people lingering in our waiting areas to chat to other parents, sometimes eat lunch or finish their coffee. We ask that following your appointment you leave the building as promptly as possible.
Please contact us if you have any concerns, queries or difficulty with the above (for example if you’re travelling by train) and we can make alternative arrangements in advance.
Breastfeeding and Bottle Feeding Support
We are qualified, experienced, insured, independent International Board Certified Lactation Consultants (IBCLC) with over 50 years combined experience. We support parents with feeding problems whether breast, bottle or combination feeding.
Parents, particularly mums, are often told they should breastfeed but when nipples are agony and baby doesn’t seem satisfied or is unsettled all night; she can face a barrage of conflicting (if well intentioned) advice.
Similarly parents who are bottle-feeding and are experiencing problems such as reflux, wind or messy feeding – may find beyond trying a different bottle or medicating the symptoms, solutions are thin on the ground.
We provide non-judgmental, evidence based support, tailored to suit each family. Common problems can often be overcome (and indeed prevented with the right information antenatally), but feeding is rarely a one approach suits all solution and so we are trained to help you piece together the different factors that can influence feeding, from your labour and delivery right through to what is happening here and now.
We are based in Huddersfield, West Yorkshire and as we’re located close to the M62 regularly work with parents from Halifax, Leeds, Manchester, Liverpool, York, Newcastle and surrounding areas. However as we support parents with persistent or difficult to resolve breastfeeding or infant feeding problems, we’ve now seen parents from all over the UK (including London, Ireland, Scotland and Wales) and even further afield like the Isle of Man, Jersey, Sweden, Norway and the Arab Emirates Whether you are expressing breast milk and bottle feeding or using infant formula – our non judgmental, supportive team can help transform your experience of early babyhood into the baby-moon it should be.
Founder Milk Matters (Infant Feeding Solutions)